Wellman Waste Services offers residential garbage pickup in the central Kentucky region, primarily in Scott County. When you call for service, we’ll tell you if we serve your neighborhood.
“Our mission is very simple,” says owner Jeff Wellman. “We’re going to provide the people of central Kentucky with the best garbage service they’ve ever had, at competitive, guaranteed rates. We’re local folks, too, and we’ve got a lot of good friends in the area. We understand that you expect good service from people you know. That’s also why, when you call us, you’ll talk to a real person on the phone and not some corporate headquarters in another state.”
We use state-of-the-art collection equipment, and will supply you with a rolling cart free of charge. The carts are easy to handle and can hold a week’s worth of garbage for a typical household.
Here’s what we’ll do when you call to request service
- We’ll deliver a 96-gallon rolling cart within 3 business days.
- We’ll quote you a rate based on your service area. Your rate is guaranteed for 6 months.
- We’ll schedule a collection day, and pick up your garbage once a week.
- We’ll return your cart to a safe location after it’s empty.
- We’ll bill you quarterly in advance for the next 3 months of service.
Here’s what you need to do
- On your collection day, please roll your cart to the street before 6:00 a.m. Most homeowners place their cart for collection the night before.
- Your cart should be placed approximately three feet from the curb, with the handle facing the street. (When your cart is delivered, we will place it at the best location for pickup.)
- After your cart has been emptied, roll the cart back to a convenient location near your house. Do not leave your cart at the curb where it may be stolen or damaged.
What goes in the cart, and what doesn’t
- Typical household garbage goes into the cart. The garbage should be placed in plastic bags and sealed, to prevent litter and to help keep your cart clean. Plastic bags are not mandatory, but highly recommended.
- You may put yard waste such as grass clippings, leaves, or tree trimmings in the cart, as long as these items are bagged and fit inside the cart. Do not stack yard waste outside the cart. It will not be collected on your normal collection day. Please call our office to schedule pickup of bulky items that won’t fit in the cart.
- Do not put lumber, shingles, rocks, dirt, batteries, or old tires in the cart. Do not use the cart to dispose of hazardous wastes such as paint, motor oil, poisons and flammable liquids. Dispose of these at the appropriate hazardous waste collection site in your community.
- Do not place hot coals from your barbecue grill in the garbage cart. It’s a tough cart, but it’s no barbecue grill and it could melt or catch on fire.
Tips For the Care and Handling of Your Cart
- Make sure the cart lid is closed before moving. Grab the handle and slowly tilt the cart towards you. You can push or pull the cart to roll it, but do not drag it. Always make sure the lid is closed before tilting or rolling the cart.
- When rolling the cart on a slope, it’s easier and safer to PUSH the cart when going downhill, and PULL the cart when going uphill. Be extra careful when rolling the cart when the ground is slippery from rain or frozen precipitation.
- Keep the lid closed when not in use. This keeps materials dry, reducing any unnecessary weight inside your cart, and keeps insects and pests out.
- Store your cart beside your house, in the garage, backyard, or any other convenient, safe location. Rinse your cart out periodically to keep down odors.
For all your residential waste hauling needs.